SPFA Workplace Health & Safety Policy
SPFA is fully committed to the health & safety of all the stakeholders who encounter SPFA controlled work environments and whilst not certified we work to ensure our system meets the requirements of ISO45001 :2018 and have adopted the philosophy that the well-being of our company depends on the well-being of our workforce.
SPFA is committed to eliminating and minimising hazards by:
- Ensuring that legislation is maintained, and best practice is followed in our facilities
- Keeping the workforce informed and trained regarding the safe execution of their tasks
- Providing instruction, supervision and assistance to enable everyone to work safely
- Promoting open two-way communication to encourage ownership of WHS matters
- Supplying appropriate tools and equipment to perform tasks safely.
SPFA has the ultimate objective of the complete prevention of incidents and accidents in the workplace and strives to ensure our workforce health and safety systems are maintained at the highest levels through quantifiable evaluations and tailored plans for each employee.
At all times employees are required to follow the requirements Workplace Health and Safety policies, procedures, rules, legislation, and regulations. They are also tasked with ensuring that they take reasonable care for their own wellbeing and to use all safety equipment as supplied and instructed. A commitment to participate in safety training, reporting of risks, incidents, accidents and the maintaining of open communications is also stated and expected.
The responsibility to ensure a safe and healthy workplace is a team effort and requires commitment from the Board of Directors through to the newly hired employee.
SPFA promotes the use of “common sense” in our workplace and looks to continual
maintenance and improvement of our Workplace Health & Safety Systems.